The Maison Chocolat Guérin-Boutron was founded in Paris in 1775.
Mr. Boutron-Roussel, grandfather apothecary, obtained in 1817, the title of Supplier of His Royal Highness Monseigneur Dauphin Louis-Antoine of France (Louis XIX), and in 1829, the Provider of His Royal Highness Monseigneur Henri Charles Ferdinand Marie Dieudonne d’Artois, Duke of Bordeaux, better known as Comte de Chambord (Henry V).
The factory was located at 23 and 25 Rue du Maroc in the 19th arrondissement of Paris.
In 1910 the factory employed about 280 workers. We then had two retail stores, 29 Boulevard Poissonnière in the 9th and 28 Rue Saint Sulpice in the 6th.
Maison Chocolat Guérin-Boutron is a medalist at all World Expositions and receives a gold medal in 1889 and 1900.
From January 1, 1897, Guérin-Boutron joined to his chocolate bars chromolithographic images representing historical figures and popular imagery.
After the deaths of Paul Guérin in 1904, Maurice Guérin in 1924 and finally his son René in 1929, an extraordinary meeting was convened in February 1935, and once the declared bankruptcy, the material of the chocolate factory will be sold in April 1942 marking so the sleep of our illustrious House.
In June 2016, Johann Domas-Conzemius (Nanan Aoussi II) bought from a Parisian financial group the brand which, a few months earlier, had been registered after an investigation work at the request of a large group of luxury French gastronomy.
In May 2017, Chocolat Guérin-Boutron awoke from a long sleep of 75 years, in Belgium, a country known for the excellence and know-how of its chocolate artisans.
Since October 2018, Johann Domas-Conzemius and his business partner Raphaël de Macar decided to relocalise the production in Brussels.
His Royal Highness Monseigneur the Dauphin Louis-Antoine de France (Louis XIX)
His Royal Highness Monseigneur Henri Charles Ferdinand Marie Dieudonne d’Artois,
Duke of Bordeaux, better known as Count of Chambord (Henri V)